Monday 30 September 2013

Gluten Free Nutella Nutter Butters

Peanut butter is one of my favorite toppings. My dad used to eat peanut butter on his toast every morning and he got me to do the same (thanks dad!). I could easily just shove spoonfuls of it into my mouth, but I would rather bake with it. We all remember eating Nutter Butters as kids. I decided to try and make my own gluten free Nutter Butters. Instead of the peanut butter filling in the middle, I thought Nutella would taste a lot better (and I think I'm right!). You be the judge. Enjoy!



*Makes: 14 cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 stick (8 tbsp) butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup (90g) peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar, packed
  • 1 1/4 cup (160g) gluten free plain flour mix 
  • 1/4 cup (30g) brown rice flour 
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp xanthan gum
  • Nutella





Directions

Step 1: Cream the brown sugar and butter in a food processor until lump-free.





Step 2: Add the peanut butter and vanilla until combined.



Step 3: Add the flours, xanthan gum, and salt; stir until combined.




Step 4: Then add your wet and dry ingredients together. 



Step 5: Divide dough into small balls. Place them in a bowl covered with wax paper and let them chill for 1 hour.




Step 6: Preheat oven to 350F/180C degrees. Cover your baking pans with foil and grease with cooking spray. 



Step 7: Remove cookies from the fridge and start making smaller balls from the ones you already made. Try rolling them in your hand almost in a log shape. Dip them in sugar.




Step 8: Place them on the foil and use a fork to make an indention both vertically and horizontally. Then push in the middle a bit to give it the "peanut" look. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the edges are brown. 




Step 9: Remove from the oven and let them cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to harden completely. 



Step 10: Once they are no longer warm, start assembling your Nutter Butter Sandwiches. Just add some nutellla to the bottom of one cookie and then place the other cookie on top. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment